Gregory Heisler

Gregory Heisler portrait

50 PORTRAITS VIDEO

Listen to Gregory talking at his 50 Portraits exhibition featuring the new GALERIE Prestige Fine Art Papers.

BIOGRAPHY

Gregory Heisler is a photographer and educator renowned for his technical mastery and thoughtful responsiveness. His enthusiasm, curiosity, and drive are manifested in his hands-on approach to all aspects of the image making process.

His iconic portraits and innovative visual essays have graced the covers and pages of many magazines, including LIFE, ESQUIRE, GENTLEMEN'S QUARTERLY, GEO, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ESPN, and THE NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE, yet he is perhaps best known for his more than seventy cover portraits for TIME magazine.  He has also photographed advertising campaigns for such clients as American Express, Benson & Hedges, Dewar's, Merrill Lynch, and Nike. More...

2013 EVENTS WITH GREGORY

Dubai Workshops

The Next Step - Developing A Personal Style 2-4 March link

The Language of Light 5,7-8 March link

Maine Media Workshop

Light Work - Embrace the power of light July 21-27 link

Vancouver

The Evocative Portrait - April 15th and Early Riser Workshop (Optional) - Arnold Newman as Influence and Mentor - April 16th link

Auckland

In-Focus event August 1-5 link

“Finally, I don’t miss the darkroom. With ILFORD’s new Fine Art line I’m making rich, luscious prints I couldn’t make before. In black-and-white or color, it’s just so hands-down beautiful.”

PAPER OF CHOICE

GALERIE PRESTIGE GOLD MONO SILK 

Prestige Gold Mono Silk 270

GALERIE PRESTIGE GOLD COTTON TEXTURED

Prestige Gold Cotton Textured 330

LINKS

WEBSITE

Twitter icon  TWITTER